2. We are requesting that you get your Reunion Registration in ASAP so that we can plan properly........It
is important that you get your Hotel
Registrations in ASAP. Do not get blocked out and have to stay at another
is scheduled at peak tourist season and mid-week. If you are planning to
arrive earlier or staying later then the scheduled 3 days you may reserve the
days at the
rates. This rate is restricted for Monday to Friday. There were 385 members in
attendance at the 2006
. Some of our members had to stay at other Hotels because they did not
register early enough.
3. All memorabilia items are available and in stock. See the listing of the
items in this newsletter and on the 2008
web page. Order all items from
Floyd I Shank and make the checks payable to Reunion II.
3A. NEW HATS……
Hat is Black with the EC 121 H “Connie” Embroidered on the front in1965
colors. The words over top of the
“Connie” are “551st AEW & C Wing” embroidered in white.
The Hats will be $16.00 plus $3.00 S&H…
4. The December Issue of the American Legion Magazine has a write up on the 50
Fallen Stars and the
of the 551st AEW&C Wing. The January issue has 2 Letters to the
Editor reference the December article.
6. The Memorial Service planning is in process. Jim Collins will have more on
7. We are currently working on a tour of the 6th Space Warning Sq.
(Pave Paws) located on the Mass Military Reservation. There will be more on
8. We have made arrangements to have Price Perfect Photos at the
to take Group and Candid pictures. All Photos will be printed and delivered at
the end of the Dinner Program. They will also do a 10-15 MIN DVD set to music.
Prices will be very affordable.
9. HOSPITALITY ROOM- Dean Boys will
be in charge of the Hospitality Room. Refreshments and Beverages will be
10. DOOR PRIZES: We will be doing a
drawing of 2 Dinner Registration #s for door prizes. The door prize will be a
rebate of your Reunion Dinner Registration, less any donations. The
cut off for the drawing will be at and including the 100th
April 30, 2008
. Which ever one comes first. Two lucky registrants will be attending Free.
Thanks for the early sign ups.
11. Dinner Dress will be Jacket and Tie.
12. We will do the Name tags as we have in the past. If not registered in time
for the Manufactured Name Tag you will have to make due with the “Hello My
Name Is” Tag.
13. The Memorial Wreath Drop is scheduled for
Thursday Aug 28, 2008
. There will be a short Memorial Service at the C-45 Hanger, at the
. Following the Service the Flight will take off for
. The Wreath to commemorate the 50 Fallen Stars will be dropped off the shores
14. Notify me of any email or USPS changes.
15. A brick honoring the 551st AEW&C WING has been donated by
the 551st AEW&C Wing Reunion and will be placed in The
McClellan Memorial Plaza “Walk of Honor” Aerospace Museum of California,
McClellan, California.The “
Brick “ reads 551st AEW&C WG, Otis AFB MA, 1954-1969. The
wording is centered on each line.